Assist International is committed to supporting the Global South amidst the COVID-19 pandemic by bringing our experience, resources, and partners together in response to this crisis.
Additional Related Resources
- WHO technical specifications for oxygen concentrators
- WHO technical specifications and guidance for oxygen therapy devices
- O2 Technician Resources (*A point of caution for this link: There is an example in this link of a DIY flowmeter splitter that was mounted onto a cardboard box. The use of cardboard boxes in clinical settings is not recommended due to infection prevention protocols.
- WHO: Biomedical Inventory Equipment Tool:
- WHO Essential Resource Planning (Equipment)
- WHO Essential Emergency Equipment List and Essential Needs Assessment
- COVID-19 and Oxygen: Selecting Supply options in LMICs:
- Medical Oxygen Guidelines for District Hospitals
- Africa Medical Supplies Platform, African & global base of vetted manufacturers and procurement strategic partners for procurement of certified medical equipment such as diagnostic kits, PPE and clinical management devices in response to COVID-19
- Oxygen Consumption Calculators: to help determine your facility’s oxygen needs:
- Oxygen Supply and Demand Calculator
- O2 cylinder capacity calculator
- Oxygen Tank Duration Calculation